We are currently looking for a Cleaner to join our school in Bolton.
The successful candidate will be committed to achieving high standards of cleanliness and hygiene throughout our school.
About Clevelands Schools
Our school’s family values are built on respect and consideration of one another. Friendship, kindness and patience are continually reinforced in the day-to-day life of the school.
It is an approach that has made us one of the most respected independent schools in the Greater Manchester area at both nursery and prep level. At the last inspection the progress and attainment of all children was judged as 'Outstanding.'
About the Position
Contract Type: Part Time, Term Time only
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, 20 hours per week
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Benefits: Wellness Programme, Company Pension, Life Assurance, Lunch provided.
Application Closing Date: 1st August 2022
Immediate Start Available
Your Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Ensuring a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene for staff and pupils are maintained throughout the School.
- Daily cleaning in line with work schedules as set out by the Headteacher/Supervisor.
- To clean, wash, sweep, mop, dust, polish, and vacuum clean designated areas to the required standard.
- Ensuring the various dispensers including toilet roll and paper towels are checked and topped up daily.
- Handle chemicals and cleaning equipment carefully. Use all cleaning materials and equipment according to the task they are intended for and in accordance with the school Health and Safety policies and COSHH data sheets.
- Follow agreed risk assessment when required, for example moving furniture etc.
- Adhere to school and legal regulations regarding health and safety, fire and accident reporting.
- Part of this role will involve safeguarding responsibilities including the reporting of any safeguarding concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Team.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- A pleasant and friendly manner.
- A good level of physical fitness, including the ability to lift and carry equipment from place to place.
- Confidence, is hardworking, and conscientious, and always promotes good practice.
- Basic skills relating to cleaning and maintaining a safe environment
To find out more about this role, please read our Job Description.
How To Apply
To apply for this role, please fill out our Application Form and return this to email@example.com along with your CV.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for ALL jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to enhanced level, costs are covered by the company. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.